...that may well surprise you!
Think ‘escape room tips and tricks’ and things like these…
- Work as a team.
- Communicate with each other.
- Try to think out of the box.
...come to mind, right?
Well, then, today, you are in for a SURPRISE!
We’re gonna share with you a few escape room tips and tricks that might not appear in most conversations or blogs on escape room tips and tricks…
...and may very well surprise you.
A novel way to deal with locks
Locks are an age-old escape room prop.
And they come in all shapes and forms - from your good old lock and key to digital locks.
Now, faced with a lock, you might find yourself…
- Running out of patience
- Stuck, with the clock ticking on
- Raring to show your swag
One thing you can try is to pick the lock.
It’s a good trick to get out of a rut and show your team just how full of extra-curricular skills you are.
Get fixated on numbers
If a simple addition or ‘odd one out’ ain’t doing the trick, try to delve deeper into the numberlogical mystery.
You can try applying complex equations or recollecting those long number series that terrorize every high school student.
It’s a sure bet.
If it doesn’t work…
...try, try and try again!
It worked for that spider who inspired that king of Scotland (Robert the Bruce, wasn’t he?) to rally his troops in one last attempt to fight the English.
It also worked for King Robert the Bruce.
So it should also work for you in an escape room, shouldn’t it?
Don’t get frustrated, or nervous if you can’t crack a particular riddle or task.
Try, try and try again!
If you have a screwdriver in your pocket…
...use it to unscrew stuff!
After all, out of the box is how an escape room works, right?
So, don’t hang around if you see stuff that’s screwed down or on to something.
Don’t let the fact that you weren’t given a screwdriver by the escape room staff, or told anything about unscrewing stuff stop you!
Whip out the screwdriver, and start unscrewing!
Being assertive with your team…
...by being loud, if necessary.
Sometimes, your team may just not be able to cut it.
In such times, you need to emerge as the team leader.
And sometimes, aggressive talking can make the troops fall in line and follow your lead.
And those are the five escape room tips and tricks that you may not have heard of before.
And just one more thing…
NONE of these tips will actually help you win any escape room challenge.
- Picking locks is cheating. It won’t earn you any brownie points with the games master and may well get you disqualified.
- No escape room puzzle will require more than average knowledge of ANYTHING. If you’re delving into complicated equations or other math stuff, you’re doing it wrong.
- If it doesn’t work, leave it for the time being. It’s quite possible you don’t have all the props or information you need to make that particular riddle work yet. Return to it later.
- Any equipment you require will be provided to you by the escape room staff. Don’t start unscrewing stuff using your own screwdriver.
- Just like with locks, you’ll end up angering the games master and the staff.
- You might electrocute yourself, if it involves live electricity.
- You can try to be assertive...but shouting doesn’t work. It’ll alienate you from your team...and by no means will help you win.
At the moment you can’t put your escape room skills to the test at the premier escape room in Warwickshire as we’re closed (due to the national lockdown)...
...in the meanwhile, you may want to check out our play at home online games.
Have a great day!
Banner image courtesy Colton Sturgeon on Unsplash.